Monday, February 09, 2004

Brief weekend update:

Went to a bowling alley for the first time in my life on Friday. It was part of a small celebration in our office work group, at the end of the last project. Amassed an impressive debut score of 133, which ended up third highest in the group of 27. Incidentally, the second highest scorer (135) was also making his debut, and was in my team only. Our team won.

Went over to Chennai on Friday night. My father had come there for a couple of meetings. Spent Saturday with him, and came back by bus on Sunday. Reached here in the evening. I plan to write more about this trip in a future post.

While I was in Chennai, I received a phone call from my supervisor. He gave me the news that the chip had come out of fab, and initial tests where showing some resetting problems. Since I was the one who had designed the reset circuits, I was really scared. For the past 36 hours, I have been trying to imagine all sorts of things that could have gone wrong, and none of the thoughts were very promising! Anyway, a few minutes back, I came to know that it was a testing problem, and they have managed to reset the chip after all. Whew!

No comments: